Editor's Note: The information in the database was downloaded from the Federal Election Commission’s website. The data is based on quarterly reports, and is current through July 2012. The data will be updated in mid-October.
In 2008 Obama beat McCain by only 5.5 percentage points in Dakota County, but this election season President Barack Obama sure seems to have an advantage when it comes to individual campaign contributions.
All told, 109 separate contributions were made by individuals in Inver Grove Heights for Obama's campaign, compared to 33 donations for Romney, according to Federal Election Commission (FEC) records.
The records are public information, and are current through July 2012.
FEC numbers show no individual contributions to either campaign of more than $1,000 from anyone in Inver Grove Heights. However, some of our friends and neighbors have shown their support for their candidate with multiple donations. Notable donors include:
- Gloria Contreras (6 donations; $1,243)
- Terrell Anderson (14 donations; $1,058)
- Mary Foarde (4 donations; $950)
- Dr. Thomas K. Yue (5 donations; $1,750)
- Leslie A. Rzeszut (12 donations; $650)
Patch has created an interactive database so you can see how much your neighbors are donating to the presidential campaign—and to which candidate they’re writing their checks.
We’ve included communities across Minnesota, so if you want to see what the campaign contributions in nearby towns are like, go right ahead.
Most Popular articles
- IGH Fire Dept. Respond to Explosion, Fire at Fleming Field
- Walmart 'Employee' All Smiles Despite Crime, Target's Blu-Ray Bandit: South Metro Public Safety
- Dog Killer's Victim Mourns Lost Pals, A Burnsville Bridal Boom: South Metro News Roundup
- IGH Man Charged with Racing Corvette Though Residential Neighborhood
- Pastor Who Fled With 16-Year-Old Parishioner Pleads Guilty