House Hunter: What Does $10 Million Buy You in Inver Grove Heights?
A tennis court, a water slide, a 500 gallon aquarium, a 350 gallon aquarium and two customized Michael Jackson statuettes are among the amenities at this luxurious Inver Grove Heights estate for sale through Sotheby's Realty.
Here's a listing to drool over from Sotheby's International Realty. A steal at $9,750,000.
Beautiful, one of a kind, estate home situated on 78 acres located in the heart of Inver Grove Heights with 8 bedrooms and 13 bathrooms. The home overlooks a 7 + acre private lake stocked with sunfish and largemouth bass and a large year-round dock. The stone and stucco exterior home has all of the amenities including:
- Tennis/basketball court
- Attached greenhouse
- Complete wine cellar below greenhouse with a full kitchen
- Detached atrium building
- Large concrete enclosed dog kennel and dog run completely fenced in
- Two level 10+ car garage
- 200K backup diesel generator
- 1,700+ sq ft bonus room completely finished with ‘birch wood’ above the garage
- All cherry wood throughout the home
- Huge master bedroom with large master bathroom and sitting room
- Observation room located one level above master bedroom accessed by a custom wood spiral staircase
- All ‘mahogany wood’ executive office
- Large curio display room
- Indoor pool
- 2 indoor hot tubs
- 3 ‘Jacuzzi’ bathtubs
- 15 foot high 500 gallon - cylinder aquarium inside a large spiral staircase
- 350 gallon aquarium viewable from 2 sides
- Large great room
- Formal dining room
- Breakfast dining room overlooking the 7 acre pond
- Fiber optic ‘star constellations’ above swimming pool and spiral staircase
- 2 pool table billiard room with its own built-in antique phone booth
- 9 seat theatre
- Exercise room
- Indoor shuffleboard court
- Floor to ceiling tiled ‘dog lounge’
- Tiled dog shower/mud room
- Full wet bar on lower level with granite bar top
- Large gourmet kitchen with granite counter tops
- 2 stoves
- 3 built-in gourmet coffee/espresso makers
- 2 'dumb-waiters'
- 3 laundry facility areas
- 3 built-in outdoor stainless steel cooking grills with warming drawers
- 2 in-ground trampolines
- 2 elevated and fenced patio areas
- 2 - 10” wells
- Fire hydrant
- Fire sprinkler system
- Alarm system
- Private gated entrance
- 3 phase electrical connection from Excel energy
- 3/4 “ plywood and fiberglass insulation on most walls, ceilings and floors for sound and extra strength
- In-floor heating on lower level, kitchen patio and fenced-in front patio
- PLUS many more features for an estate of this type.
The entire estate property is completely fenced in, has fields, rolling hills, apple orchard, several oak groves and two bodies of water. This estate home is ideal for entertaining and living the comfortable lifestyle for that ‘special’ family and the large acreage is great for being ‘out in the country’ while still living in a large suburban community.. This is a one of a kind property in the entire Twin Cities area and is conveniently located approximately: 10 minutes from MSP airport and Mall of America; 8 minutes from downtown St Paul; 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis; ½ mile west of the nearest freeway (Hwy 52), 1 mile south of freeway 494; 6 to 8 minutes from Holman Field - St Paul private airport for corporate planes; 5 minutes from Flemming Field – So St Paul airport and 10 to 15 minutes from the Maplewood 3M plant.
The estate home was completed in 2004 and at that time appraised for $16,000,000.
For more local real-estate information, click on the "Real Estate" tab at the top of this page.