IGH Woman Sought on Nationwide Warrant Reportedly Found in Stolen Vehicle
Jennifer Louise Peerman was being boarded at the Ramsey County Jail Tuesday night on a variety of charges.
A 28-year-old Inver Grove Heights woman sought on a nationwide warrant reportedly was found inside a stolen vehicle in South St. Paul on Dec. 4.
Jennifer Louise Peerman was being boarded in the Ramsey County Jail Tuesday night on $14,000 bail—$10,000 for charges in Dakota County and $4,000 for charges in Washington County.
Among the charges facing Peerman include:
• Felony offering a forged check, for allegedly attempting to cash a stolen check at an Inver Grove Heights bank in August. The charge carries a penalty of up to five years in jail and a fine of between $3,000 and $10,000.
Peerman was sought on a nationwide warrant for this charge
• Felony receiving a stolen motor vehicle, for allegedly being in possession of the stolen vehicle in South St. Paul last week. The charge carries a penalty of up to five years in jail and a fine of between $3,000 and $10,000.
• Felony fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance in South St. Paul.
• Felony check forgery (falsely endorse) in Washington County
• Misdemeanor tampering with a motor vehicle in South St. Paul.
Peerman was apprehended without incident on Dec. 4 in South St. Paul.
According to a Dakota County criminal complaint released last week:
A South St. Paul police officer checked the license plate of a Jeep Grand Cherokee parked on Warner Avenue and discovered that the vehicle was reported stolen. Several officers approached the vehicle and ordered the driver to turn off the vehicle and put her hands up. The driver, Peerman, allegedly did not respond initially, and officers found her laying down in the driver’s seat.
Officers reportedly found a backpack containing items belonging to Peerman in the trunk.
Peerman allegedly told police she borrowed the vehicle from someone named “Nate” on Nov. 28, but she did not provide that person’s last name or contact information.
According to another criminal complaint released last week, Peerman and another woman allegedly attempted to cash a stolen check at Associated Bank in Inver Grove Heights on Aug. 30. The $2,000 check reportedly was made out to and endorsed by Peerman, then paid to the order of another woman. Peerman and the other woman allegedly presented the check for payment, but they left the bank when a bank employee set out to verify the check.
Peerman and the other woman allegedly were identified with the help of bank surveillance video.
Peerman's omnibus hearing is scheduled for Dec. 18 in Dakota County District Court in Hastings.