News Roundup: Rosemount Revolts, Lakeville Juveniles Sentenced and a Healing Mayor
In other news from around the region, Dakota County residents react to Supreme Court decision on Obamacare, and three juveniles charged in the Lakeville School scandal plead guilty.
You can't be in front of your computer 24 hours a day, so each weekend, Patch reviews the most important recent developments from throughout Dakota County. Here's a look at Inver Grove's top stories for the week and the most popular stories from nearby cities. To read the full stories, just click on the headlines.
Inver Grove Heights
- Mayor Tourville: 'I Have Prostate Cancer': Mayor George Tourville announced his diagnosis at Monday's council meeting and underwent surgery first thing Wednesday morning.
- Teen Targets Mom's Home in IGH Smash-n-Grab: If convicted of felony second-degree burglary, Tara Megan Barslou, 19, could spend up to 10 years in prison and be forced to pay a $20,000 fine.
- Ask the Patch Pro: Abby Jimenez of Nadia Cakes: Nadia Cakes owner Abby Jimenez, who has been on TLC's "Fabulous Cakes" and won Food Network’s "Cupcake Wars", will soon be opening Nadia Cakes in the Twin Cities.
- Inver Grove Crime Map: Thefts & Burglaries: The first of three crime maps for the period of June 9-15.
- New Motion Postpones Trial of Woodbury Man Accused of Assaulting IGH Girlfriend: If convicted of the most serious charge—felony false imprisonment—George Scott Bowes is facing three years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
- Dakota County Up for $1.4 Million in Federal Disaster Relief
- Southeast Metro Reacts to Supreme Court Ruling
- UK Court Declines Extradition of Accused Pedophile
- Dark Horse Candidate in District 51A Prompts Democratic Primary
- Three Juveniles Charged in Lakeville Photo Scandal Plead Guilty
- Lakeville Mayor Mark Bellows Officially Announces Re-Election Bid