Regional Crime Roundup: Domestic Assault Suspect Claims He Was Reenacting Jackie Chan Movie
In other regional public safety news, three women were charged with robbing a man outside a Burnsville bar, and Lakeville Police are seeking an 'endangered' man.
Click on the headline to read the full story.
- Dakota County's Most Wanted, Sept. 7; Suspects Wanted on Felony, Parole Charges - A monthly rundown of the top 11 suspects that the Dakota County Sheriff's Office is seeking.
- Man Charged with Using Stolen Credit Card at Apple Valley Businesses - Police say Rudolph Valentino Avent of Minneapolis was captured on surveillance video using a stolen credit card at the Apple Valley Walmart last December.
- Transgender Man Charged with Strangling Girlfriend - Police say Kayeden Robert Oliver, who is in transition from female to male, strangled his girlfriend after an argument.
- Mound Man Sentenced for Failed New Year's Break-in - On Jan. 1, 2012 police found Sean Joseph Kacer, 25, disoriented and bleeding, kicking a glass patio door in an apparent attempt to break into a home near Nicollet Junior High.
- Eagan Woman, Two Others, Charged with Robbing Man Outside Burnsville Bar - Police arrested Savorn Sang, Sultana Karimi and Kadie Risland after an incident outside a bar in northeast Burnsville that allegedly left one man broke and bleeding.
- Domestic Assault Suspect Claims He Was Reenacting Jackie Chan Movie - Qiang Du, 22, faces charges for an assault that police say occurred Aug. 28.
- Trial Date Set for Eagan Man Charged in Assault, Robbery - Paul Earnest McWilliams, Jr., pleaded not guilty to one felony count and is scheduled to appear in front of a jury in October.
Inver Grove Heights
- Drive-By Shooting Follows Drug Deal Gone Bad in South St. Paul -If convicted of the charges against them, boyfriend/girlfriend duo Eric Christopher Ransom and Amber Nicole Waldera are facing up to 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine.
- Inver Grove Heights Man Pleads Guilty to Sexual Assault of 7-Year-Old - Max Alfonso Miranda-Rivera will remain in the Dakota County Jail until Oct. 31 when he is scheduled to be sentenced.
- Lakeville Police Seek Help to Find 'Endangered' Man Last Seen in July - The 50-year-old man missing for a month is considered an "endangered person."
- Two Men Charged with Possession of ATVs Stolen from Carleton College Property - Deputies say they found two ATVs reported stolen from a job site at Carleton College on property rented by Joshua Gene Goettl and Dalton Herbert Oster.
- Savage Woman Involved in Mortgage Fraud Sentenced - The scheme affected victims across the United States and included properties in Savage and Prior Lake.