Regional Crime Roundup: Wet Nephew Rides Home in Aunt's Trunk
In other crime news from around the region, an Eagan man and an Apple Valley woman are both arrested for driving with far more than the legal limit of alcohol in their systems.
The following stories appeared on Patch sites in Apple Valley-Rosemount, Burnsville, Eagan, Inver Grove Heights, Lakeville, Northfield and Shakopee.
To read the full stories, click on the headline links.
- Apple Valley Woman Arrested for DWI After Blowing .303 on Breath Test - Police say Carrie Jean Olson was clocked driving 78 mph in a 55 mph zone near the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, and that she admitted drinking.
- Man Charged with Beating, Strangling Rosemount Woman - Police say Samuel Bennett Achman repeatedly punched the victim and strangled her after the two argued about her current boyfriend.
- Burnsville Woman Charged with Stealing Prescription Pills from Eagan Senior Living Center - Catrina Deloris Elwell, 26, faces burglary and theft charges in connection with the alleged crime.
- Eagan Man Blows .344 on Blood-Alcohol Test, Charged with DWI - Police say Jeffrey Thomas Peterson became belligerent after he was arrested, calling an officer names and smashing his handcuffs against a wall and door.
- Charges: Man Sells More Than 10 Grams of Cocaine to Police Informant - Nicholas Anthony Gangi, 44, allegedly conducted drug deals in Eagan and other locations in the Twin Cities area.
Inver Grove Heights
- Former Football Player and Fashionista Pleads Not Guilty to Bremer Bank Robbery - If convicted of the charge against him, Christopher Lemarque Miller, 27, faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine.
- Man Charged with Fleeing Lakeville Police, Resisting Arrest - Police say Ryan Michael Hansen of Rosemount led them on a chase that reached 80 mph before he crashed into a tree.
- Farmington Man Charged with Sexually Abusing Lakeville Girl - Police say Jonathan Wayne Durbin had sexual contact with the victim beginning when she was 10 years old, and continuing until this past summer, when she was 17.
- Dundas Man Charged with Repeatedly Abusing Rice County Jail Cellmate - Police say Jacob Peter Banks repeatedly beat the victim, forced him to drink his own urine and threatened to kill him and his family if he told anyone.
- Police: Child Left Valleyfair in Car Trunk - Witnesses called Shakopee Police after seeing a car leave the Valleyfair parking lot with a child in the trunk.