Regional Roundup: Valleyfair to Open 'Dinosaurs Alive!' Park
In other regional news, a Holocaust survivor will speak at Inver Hills Community College, and MISO is setting up an operations center in Eagan.
You can't be in front of your computer 24 hours a day, so each weekend, Patch reviews the past several days' biggest news stories, which first appeared on this site, or those of our neighbors.
Here's a look at the past week's stories that may interest you, or have an impact on your life. To read the full stories, click on the headline link.
- City Portion of Many Rosemount Tax Bills Could Remain Stable - The City Council adopted a 1.26-percent preliminary levy increase Tuesday night.
- Burnsville Woman in Critical Condition After 4-vehicle Pileup on I-35W - The state patrol has identified those involved in a multi-car accident that brought Interstate 35W to a standstill Wednesday.
- Savage Bridal Boutique Makes Entree into Heart of the City - Bridal Accents Couture will bring high fashion wedding wear like Nicole Miller, Badgley Mischka and others into Burnsville's Heart of the City development.
- Missing Carver Woman Turns Up Unharmed in Burnsville - Authorities have found Jennifer R. Johnson, 29, a vulnerable adult who went missing Friday.
- Eagan Teen Rebuilds Homes, Plays Baseball on Red Sox Mission Trip - Parker Nickelson, 17, was one of 20 teens in the United States and the Dominican Republic to be selected for a Red Sox program.
- Sept. 13 Groundbreaking Set for MISO Operations Center in Eagan - Once built, the facility will serve as an operations center for Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator.
Inver Grove Heights
- Rock Island Swing Bridge Inspires New Novel From Local Author Susan Koefod - The bridge in "Broken Down" may remind local residents of the Rock Island Swing Bridge that connected Inver Grove Heights and Newport.
- Holocaust Survivor to Speak Sept. 21 at Inver Hills Community College - A native of Romania, Eva Mozes Kor is founder and executive director of CANDLES Holocaust Museum and Education Center in Terre Haute, Ind.
- Lakeville Police Seek Help to Find 'Endangered' Man Last Seen in July - A 50-year-old man has been missing for a month and is considered an "endangered person."
- Re-Roofing Projects Boost Lakeville's August Permit Numbers - Permits issued by the city of Lakeville out paced last year's August, and are significantly up year to date.
- Mendota Heights City Council: Looser Restrictions on Deer Hunting - The council discussed new tactics in the city's deer population management plan.
- Valleyfair to Open 'Dinosaurs Alive!' Park in 2013 - An interactive dinosaur park is set to open in Valleyfair next summer.
- Canterbury Park Ends Racing Season with Attendance Record - The 2012 average attendance figure set a new record for the Shakopee racetrack.