What Not to Do: Run Naked Through a Parking Lot, Sell Crack to a Cop
In other South Metro crime news during the past week, an Apple Valley man is sentenced for a 2011 fatal shooting in Burnsville.
The following crime stories first appeared during the past week on Patch sites throughout the south Metro region. To read the full stories, click on the headline links.
- Apple Valley Man Sentenced for 2011 Burnsville Fatal Shooting - Derrick Wallace Dahl received a stayed prison sentence of 48 months and was placed on probation for 10 years. As conditions of probation. Dahl was ordered to serve 90 days in jail and pay restitution.
- Rosemount Woman Charged with Driving Away from Police While Intoxicated - Marianne Wensole-Landivar was charged with a felony, two gross misdemeanors and a misdemeanor following the Sept. 2 incident.
- Apple Valley Man Sentenced to 90 Days, Public Speaking for Accidental Shooting Death - Judge Eric MacDonald stayed a four-year prison sentence but imposed three months in jail and a yearly outreach requirement on Derrick Wallace Dahl, 23, who shot 22-year-old Benjamin Hanson with a gun he believed to be unloaded.
- St. Paul Man Sentenced to 13 Years for Raping Vulnerable Adult - In March, Geoffrey Edward Florance, 27, was arrested after the 18-year-old victim was discovered bruised and bleeding.
- Mother of Burnsville Assault Suspect Charged with Witness Tampering - Police say Janice Marie Sherley made repeated threats against a Burnsville woman who accused Sherley's son, Stanley Gerald Sherley Jr., of threatening to kill her.
- Police Find Cocaine on Eagan Woman During Traffic Stop - Breanna Lynn Wood, 22, faces a felony possession charge and two counts of driving while impaired.
- Eagan Man Charged with Selling Crack to Undercover Cop - Police say Dontre Jackson sold $100 worth of crack cocaine to an undercover Minneapolis police officer.
- Naked Woman Found in Restaurant Parking Lot - A woman in her early twenties was running around naked in the parking lot of Zest.
- Inver Grove Heights Man Charged with Selling Methamphetamine - Police say Rodrigo Mota arranged to sell almost 4 ounces of methamphetamine to an undercover informant last week in Bloomington.
- Farmington Man Charged with Raping Apple Valley Woman - The victim told police that Leif Allan Lystrom choked her, stomped on her feet and beat her before raping her.
- Mendota Heights Police See Drop in Burglaries After Major Summer Busts - Two burglary crews, including one tied to more than 50 break-ins, were caught by Mendota Heights police in late May and early June.
- Northfield Woman Sentenced in Death of 17-Month-Old Son - Melissa Louise Ohmann, formerly Hokanson, received a stayed sentence of 48 months and was placed on probation for 10 years. As part of her sentence, she agreed to spend one year in jail.
- Former Shakopee Business Owner Sentenced for Failing to Pay Taxes - The resulting loss to the IRS was more than $900,000.