Where to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day 2013 in Inver Grove Heights
The Patch guide to the best St. Paddy's Day deals, events, food and shenanigans in and around Inver Grove Heights.
Time to get your Irish on!
With St. Patrick's Day falling on Sunday, March 17, this year, the weekend is shaping up to be a two-day celebration. Check out these local events, then scroll down for more festivities nearby.
Inver Grove Heights Events
- Do you need the green in liquid form? B-52 Burgers & Brew will serve up green beer and Shepard’s Pie on Saturday and Sunday.
- Jersey's Bar & Grill is also serving green beer along with reuben juicy lucy burgers, discounted Irish Whisky and Irish Car Bombs, and live music from the Tracey Blake Project.
- At Mississippi Pub, you can get corned beef galore along with specials on little gingers and leprechaun bombs.
- Upscale Consignment in Inver Grove Heights is marking everything in the store 20 percent off for St. Paddy’s Day through Saturday.
- Also, keep an eye out for St. Patrick’s Day specials at Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday, Drifters Bar & Grill, Drkula's Bowl, Bierstube and Celts Pub
- The St. Patrick's Association will host the 47th annual St. Patrick's Day parade beginning at noon on Saturday, March 16. The parade route will follow 5th Street in downtown St. Paul and has more than 100 floats signed up.
- Not to be outdone, Minneapolis is hosting its own Irish parade at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday. The route starts at Nicollet and 11th Street and heads over to 5th Street.
- The Landmark Center is St. Paul is hosting a performance by The Irish Music & Dance Association featuring regional and local Irish dance, vendors, Irish cuisine, pipe bands and more. The celebration starts at 11 a.m. on March 17.
- O'Gara's Bar and Grill in St. Paul will have more than enough beer to go around on St. Patrick's Day, plus outdoor musical performances all afternoon on Saturday and Sunday.
Mendota Heights Events
- It's all things Irish at Moose Country on St. Patty's Day. Food specials include Guinness stew, shepherd's pie and of course, corned beef and cabbage. If you prefer to drink your Guinness, it will be on special for $5. Other drink specials include $4.50 Bailey's and $5 Jameson Irish Whiskey. The DJ starts at 8 p.m. so you can dance to your favorite Irish tunes.
- If you want to keep things a little more low-key, but still enjoy a traditional Irish meal, Axel's will be serving corned beef, cabbage, carrots, and potatoes for a $9.95 lunch. Their dinner special adds Reuben Soup for $14.95.
- Granite City in Eagan will roll out its new Burning Barn Irish Red Ale to mark St. Patrick's Day in Eagan. The restaurant is also putting the "Happy" back in Happy Hour with $5 signature drinks, martinis, Skinny drinks and glasses of wine, plus $3 20 oz. taps and specials on small plates.
- Looking for corned beef and cabbage? Head to Houlihan's in Eagan, where they're serving up the traditional Irish dish all week, plus green beer and reuben sandwiches. The restaurant will also have specials on Irish Car Bombs and jello shots.
- Wildcats Bar & Grill is also dishing up $9.95 corned beef and cabbage on Sunday for all you Irish purists, plus $3 green beer starting on Friday and going until the keg is empty.
Didn't see your event on our St. Patrick's Day list? Post a comment below and we'll add it to our guide!