Derrick Williams, local editor in Lakeville, threw down a yesterday.
He rallied Lakeville residents to help him "destroy" his Dakota County coworkers—in a Facebook manner of speaking—but fear not, fellow IGHers, I think we can give them a run for their collective money.
To quote Mr. Williams:
My fellow Patch editors in the south suburbs of Dakota County are some of the nicest, most inherently decent, upstanding professionals I have ever had the privilege to call peers.
I must destroy them all. Yes, destroy them.
Lakeville Patch's Facebook page must have the most fans in all the land. And that means we must clobber the competition upside the wireless mouse.
As of May 21 at 3:15 p.m., we're standing strong at fourth out of eight Patches with 417 Likes. Eagan (391) is right behind us and Apple Valley (460) is within spitting distance.
And, let's be honest, fourth is just unacceptable. If we were competing in the Patchlympic Games, we wouldn't even medal.
Now IGH, I know I'm still the new guy in town. I know we haven't spent that much time together. But that just means we can use this Facebook opportunity to move our budding relationship to the next level.
The HIT LIST (remember, IGH Patch is at 417):
- Dakota County's Big Kahuna: Northfield Patch's, Corey Butler, Jr. (878)
- Second place means first loser: Lakeville Patch's Derrick Williams (593)
- Within spitting distance: Apple Valley Patch's, Allison Wickler (460)
- Nipping at our heels: Eagan Patch's David Henke (391)
- Mendota Heights Patch's Danielle Cabot (299)
- Burnsville Patch's Clare Kennedy (216)
- Rosemount Patch's Troy Thompson (175)
Click on the photos in this article to meet the Dakota County editors and, after you're done, remember to...