You can't be in front of your computer 24 hours a day, so each week, Patch reviews the past several days' top stories, which first appeared on this site or those of our neighbors.
Here's a look at the recent news that may interest you or affect your life. To read the full story, click on the headline link:
- VIDEO: How Does a Snow Monkey Celebrate His 29th Birthday? - Nikko, a snow monkey at the Minnesota Zoo, is the oldest male of his species in North America.
- Burnsville Swears in First Female Police Captain - Capt. Tanya Schwartz, replacement for Eric Werner, could be the only woman to have attained such a rank in Dakota County.
- Burnsville Man Works to Transform I-35 Bridge into Tribute to Cancer Victims - Minnesota's most famous bridge will glow purple in honor of those with pancreatic cancer.
- Eagan Senate and House Candidates Come Out Swinging at Political Forum - "Obamacare", job creation and education funding were the topics of choice at the forum, held Wednesday night at Rasmussen College in Eagan.
- Television Appearance on "The Voice" Brings Whirlwind of Fame for Musician With Eagan Roots - Nicholas Mrozinski, who grew up in Eagan and graduated from Eagan High School, was selected to be a contestant on NBC's "The Voice".
Inver Grove Heights
- PHOTOS: IGH Cougars Lose to City Rival Bulldogs - The Bulldogs' blocking and tackling was solid, as was the play of their young 3rd grade quarterback, #20 Devin Robinson.
- Police: Lakeville Day-Care Operator Had .30 BAC and Daughter in Car - Brenda Lee Lysholm, already charged with continuing to operate her day-care facility without a license, allegedly caused a three-car accident this week.
- Police Searching for Missing Northfield Man - Joshua Ben Bohlen, 39, was last seen Thursday.
- UPDATE: Man Killed by Train Identified - The victim struck by a northbound Union Pacific train in downtown Dundas late Sunday night has been identified as Willem F. van Vliet, 33, of Dundas.
- Savage City Council Ponies Up $600K Settlement - Business owner Cory Townsend said his gas station was irreparably damaged after a road closure.
- Neisen's Back In Action: Savage City Council Agrees to Reinstate License in Full - A popular bar in downtown Savage will once again have a full-fledged liquor license after making it through a six month probation period.
- New Water Lilies Sculpture Shimmers at St. Francis Regional Medical Center - St. Francis Medical Center in Shakopee commissioned the sculpture to give patients a pleasant, calming view outside their window.
- Meet Art Crawl Artist Kristin Oppold, Jewelry Designer - Oppold makes what she loves and describes her jewelry as earthy urban chic with a modern bohemian flair.