The following stories first appeared last week on Patch sites throughout Scott, Rice and Dakota counties. To read the full story, click on the headline link:
- Warrants Issued for Apple Valley Couple Charged with Beating Girls, 2 and 3 - Carlton Raymond Lewis II and Ashley Marie Roff are charged with beating the two girls with a belt and causing a brain injury to the 2-year-old.
- Rosemount Man Charged with Stealing Computer Components from County - Sheriff's deputies say Matthew Steven Brandenburg stole $1,400 worth of computer components while working for the Dakota County Communications Center.
- Two Women Charged for Alleged Perfume Heist - Donielle Etavia Hall and Cashawna Katrina Miles are accused of felony theft after police say they stole more than $700 worth of perfume from the Burnsville Ulta store.
- Police: Eagan Walmart Employee Stole Roughly $4,000 from Till - Ray Jamar Washington, from Burnsville, is charged with one count of felony theft for his alleged actions.
Inver Grove Heights
- Pastor Who Fled With Young Mistress Now in Custody - If convicted of felony third-degree criminal sexual conduct, West St. Paul's Gustaro Resendiz Talabera could face a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison and a $30,000 fine.
- South Dakota Predator Extradited After Failing to Register in South St. Paul - Timothy Lafayette Leonard was officially charged with being a fugitive from justice, which is a felony.
- Home Invader Sentenced to Almost 8 Years in Prison - Arlin Maurice Thunder, 38, and three co-conspirators broke into a South St. Paul home and grabbed armfuls of valuable items before assaulting two male residents with a metal pipe.
- Police: Lakeville Day-Care Operator Had .30 BAC and Daughter in Car - Brenda Lee Lysholm, already charged with continuing to operate her day-care facility without a license, allegedly caused a three-car accident this week.
- Lakeville Woman Charged with Stealing $2,000 from Employer - Police say Angela Stephanie Berg stole $2,000 from the Burnsville bank in which she worked.
- Mendota Heights Deer Hunter Finds 8-Foot Marijuana Plants in Valley Park - A man hired by Mendota Heights to bow hunt deer found two people cultivating marijuana in Valley Park.
- Man Convicted of Murder Charged with Stalking, Threatening Northfield Woman - Police say Andrew Michael Smith sent threatening text messages to the woman.
- Northfield Man Enters Guilty Plea for Heroin Possession - The charge carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine.
- Savage Man Sentenced for Rape of Teenage Girls - David Michael Hunter-Patrick, now 20, gave two teenage girls alcohol and then raped them over the course of a night this past January.
- Former Hermantown Coach Sentenced for Providing Alcohol to Minors - Shakopee police arrested the coach after they found him and members of the boys and girls Hermantown High School golf teams drinking alcohol.