You can't be in front of your computer 24 hours a day, so each weekend, Patch reviews the previous week's top stories, which first appeared on this site or those of our neighbors.
Here's a look at stories that may interest you, or have an impact on your life. To read the full stories, click on the headline links.
- Mel Gibson Sighting at Zoo Garners Facebook 'Likes,' Comments - Reports say controversial actor Mel Gibson has been sightseeing in the Twin Cities the past few days. One of those stops was at Apple Valley’s Minnesota Zoo.
- U.S. Army Parachute Team to Deliver Game Ball to Eastview Soccer Match - The Golden Knights are scheduled to skydive into Eastview HIgh School’s stadium Sept. 25.
- Multi-Family Housing Complex Proposed; Zoning Amendments Sought - Developers want to construct 332 housing units in two buildings in the Central Village area of Apple Valley.
- Anser Innovation Scales Up for Debut of PetChatz - PetChatz is a device that allows video conferencing with your dog or cat, anytime, anywhere.
- Burnsville Superintendent Announces Retirement - After a tumultuous year, Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School Superintendent Randall Clegg announced that he would retire at the end of this school year.
- VIDEO: Contestant with Eagan Roots Performs on NBC's "The Voice" - Area resident Nicholas David Mrozinski performs "Stand By Me", a song originally written by Ben E. King, on national television.
- Eagan's First and Only City Administrator Stepping Down After 36 Years - Tom Hedges, one of the city's "founding fathers", will leave a lasting legacy, according to Eagan Mayor Mike Maguire.
Inver Grove Heights
- Barefoot Runner From IGH Breezes Through 20-Mile Bear Water Run - Inver Grove Heights resident Steve Modica finished the Bear Water Run in 3:03:13.
- City Council Candidate Proposes 'Traveling' Meetings - Hark says Salem Hills, Hilltop, Pine Bend and the Middle School/High schools would be ideal locations.
- Republican Group's 'Obama’s Failing Agenda' Tour Coming to Lakeville - Americans for Prosperity, a Republican political advocacy group, is bringing the bus tour to Lakeville, they say, to give "a voice to the millions of Americans who oppose the policies" of the president.
- Lakeville's New Walmart Set to Open Oct. 17, But Not With a Chipotle - Despite Twitter rumors to the contrary, Lakeville's new Walmart store will not have a Chipotle Restaurant when it opens Oct. 17.
- Grassroots Activists for Obama Pound Pavement in Mendota - Volunteers are also working the phones on behalf of the president's re-election campaign.
- Carleton Faculty Considering Vote on Minnesota Marriage Amendment - The instructors could vote on the matter at their Oct. 1 meeting.
- FLASH MOB: St. Olaf International Students Go Gangnam Style - Students at Sunday's dinner at Stav Dining Hall broke into a flash mob to popular South Korean Pop song "Gangnam Style" by Psy.
- Meet Art Crawl Artist Todd Jacobs, Photographer - Shakopee resident Todd Jacobs first became interested in photography at a young age. His work will be featured in the upcoming Scott County Art Crawl.
- ValleySCARE Opens Soon with Nine Haunted Attractions - Halloween Haunt includes scare zones, mazes, and thrill rides.